Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Days

A good book, a comfy reading chair, central air and a cold glass of ice water is the best way to languish in the afternoon heat.  I have read eleven books during the past few weeks and still have a long to-read list. I love my retirement, and would not trade it for a million bucks.  This is the first year that I joined  the Adult Summer Reading Program as a patron and I so enjoy filling out my book log.  Maybe I just might win one of those awesome prizes. I do use a multiplicity of the library's online resources from home; however,   I just love visiting my local Library.  There are so many formats at my disposal and there are always well trained librarians and staff to assist me when I need it.  Recently, I heard someone say that they never visit the library because they do everything online.  We do have so many choices as we navigate in this virtual  informational realm, but there is just something about browsing the stacks at the library.  Let us always remember that the Public Library is the gate keeper for all of our educational, recreational and lifelong learning needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment