Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Garden 2011

A flood of memories envelopes my spirit when I bask in the early morning quietness of my back yard.  When I was growing up in that old house on McKinstry's Mill Road in Union Bridge, Maryland so many years ago,  I recall how my Mum would love to tend to her Rose-of-Sharon bushes.  Oh those care-free summer days of my youth! Thanks so much to my special friend, Pam, for sharing some cuttings with me.  My plants are thriving and I am celebrating even more fond memories .
















How Does My Garden Grow? 
Anise
 
Basil



Tarragon
  
Chives in Bloom

When I am outside digging in the dirt and planting,  I so often think of my Mom.  She just loved her flowers and would spend countless hours beautifying her flower beds.  How I miss her, but I know that she is smiling down on me from heaven.



The Color Purple


No comments:

Post a Comment