Friday, January 14, 2011

Relay for Life

Participating in the annual Relay for Life overnight walk is an event that I feel so passionate.  As long as God gives me the strength in my body, I will relay in memory of my precious sisters.

Mary "Weesie" Magruder            Elizabeth "Lil" Toop 
April 5, 1940 - December 8, 2002        August 5, 1943 - January 18, 2000   

They fought courageous battles and never once complained.  The pain of your passing is often unrelenting, but the rich legacies that both of you left behind will always occupy a special place in my heart.   Weesie, your gentle, sweet, generous spirit continues to minister to me.  You had a heart of a servant and you touched so many lives. 

 I will probably never be able to duplicate your Peach Cobbler,so I will just leave that alone. You taught Jean well.  Her Cobbler was very good!
 Lil, we called you the General, but you  loved all of us unconditionally. Your deep love for family was your priority and you gave so much of yourself to all of us.  I remember those days when I was a very young mother and feeling so inadequate. You mentored me, taught me and gave so much of your time to mold my character so that I could learn how to be a good Mom. I miss you so much.  There are days when the tears just roll down my cheeks, but I know that you are free and that you would not want to ever come back to this earth.  I know that you must be having a blast in heaven.


Relay 2010
Relay 2008

Relay 2009

Relay 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment