Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Soul Mate, My Best Friend, "absent from the body and present with the Lord"

Steven Nelson Allen  July 5, 1943 - April 1, 2012
I will always love you.
Flag and greetings were sent from President Obama.

My soul Mate of 31 years went home to be with the Lord on April 1, 2012.  The last seven weeks of Steve's life was filled with joys and pain.   Steve had progressed to the point where he had learned to walk again, had met all of his Physical Therapy goals and was looking forward to coming home.  Sadly, the Pneumonia that invaded his body three  days before his death, compromised his immune system.  I laid my head on the pillow beside him that last night of his life and I told him how much I loved him.  I said that it was ok to go because Jesus was waiting for him, and that I would be fine. I firmly believe that he could hear me because after three short breaths, he was with Jesus.  Absent from the body, and present with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment