Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thirty Three years ago, my dear and precious friend, Jacki, gave me this ornament.  We worked together at Carroll County Public Library in Westminster Maryland.  That year, 1978,  was a most challenging one  for my family because lightening struck our home in June and we lost everything.  The entire community mobilized, and, through God's ultimate Grace, individuals and families that I did not know, supported us, encouraged us and supplied all of our needs. We moved to San Jose,  California in 1982 because of a job transfer for my husband, followed by another move to the Chicago suburbs in 1986.  As the years passed, Jacki and I  remained in contact with each other and would meet when I made periodic trips back to Maryland.  Each year when I place this ornament on our Christmas Tree, I reflect on our special bond of friendship. Friends are Forever.  Thanks Jacki, you are so loved with an everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment