Thursday, March 3, 2011

Retirement

It has been three months since I retired.  I did not know that it would feel so right!  I had breakfast with three of my neighbors last week at a local cafe, something that I never had time to do when I was working.  It was so relaxing to interact about our lives, families, our passions and our concerns.  Our ages traverse the spectrum; however, that is a joy of our  friendship. 

How I look forward to our monthly Book Club.  We meet on the second Monday of the month from September through May. We usually have our May discussion at a local restaurant, so we will discuss the venue at the next gathering. We have tried a variety of restaurants including Fondue, Italian, Mexican, so where shall it be in 2011?,  Each member takes a turn to be the  Host House, then leads the discussion. We try to have snacks that reflect the themes of the book, so I am pondering what I shall serve this month.  Our Book is Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kid, so I would like to be creative.During the winter months, we usually have hot tea or coffee or wine. I recently had dinner at J. Alexanders in Lincoln Park (Chicago) and had a Pomegranate Martini. It was delicious, so maybe ????

No comments:

Post a Comment